Got2Run . . . for Education
4th Annual Run/Walk
to benefit wellness in school children
Saturday, May 16th, 2015 @ 8:00 AM
2.62 Mile "Micro-Marathon" Run/Walk CLICK HERE for a course map.
8K (4.97 Mile) Run. CLICK HERE for course map.
Note: The 2.62 is a run/walk, the 8K (4.97) is a run. Due to course time restrictions, if you are planning on walking the entire course, please register for the 2.62 rather than the 8K.
- Online at https://www.signmeup.com/105122 available until Friday, May 15th, 5:00pm (For those who register online after Wednesday, May 13th, 5:00pm - Packet pickup will be on Race Day) Note: A $1.50 online transaction fee will be added to each participant registered online.
- Mail (Postmarked by Saturday, May 9th, received by Tuesday, May 12th) Click below for a printable registration form.
- Race Day Registration is on site, 7:00am - 7:45am Click below for a printable registration form. Please print the form, complete it, and bring it to the race to register. Payment of Cash or Check only on race day. Day of Race Registration ends promptly at 7:45 a.m.
2015 Registration Form Coming Soon
(thru Sun. May 10 @ 8pm)
(after Sun. May 10 @ 8pm)
|Student - 19 or under||$15||$20|
|Adult - 20 or over||$25||$30|
|Stroller Rider (Untimed)||$5||$5|
|No Shirt Option||deduct $5||deduct $5|
Note: A $1.50 online transaction fee will be added to each participant registered online.
Stroller Rider (“Untimed”) receives a t-shirt and an untimed bib, but is not eligible to select a school for funds distribution.
Race will be held rain or shine. All fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
What You Get:
- Everyone gets an awesome technical T-Shirt, (even youth sizes) and the adult women’s shirt has a V-neck
- Everyone gets a backpack tag/zipper pull with the Got2Run 2.62 logo
- Everyone gets a 2.62/8k bumper sticker and magnet to show off, just like the marathoners do with their 26.2 stickers!
- Everyone gets tasty, healthy food and refreshments at the finish line
- Awards for the top 3 finishers for each race in each age group
- At least $10.00 per participant will be donated back to your school to fund wellness programs
Race Location (200 East Sigwalt Street between Pine and Belmont,
Arlington Heights, IL 60005)
The “Got2Run . . . For Education” race begins and ends at the southeast corner of Sigwalt and Arlington Hts. Road in the open municipal parking lot across from the Arlington Heights Village Hall. The race will be run entirely in the beautiful Scarsdale and Scarsdale Estates areas.
Event Location Map
Parking will be available in 3 public parking garages:
- Adjacent to the Village Hall (Enter off Sigwalt)
- Northwest corner of Sigwalt and Arlington Heights Road (enter off of Evergreen)
- North of Sigwalt between Vail and Highland (enter off Vail or Highland)
Event Host & Purpose
Northwest Road Runners, Inc. (www.nwroadrunners.org) is a local running club that was established in 2011 for the purpose of organizing a yearly kid’s running race in Chicago’s Northwest Suburbs. Our goal is to encourage kids (and their parents) to become interested in running as a healthy lifestyle choice, not just for this year, but for the rest of their lives. We are a non-profit 501(c)3 charity which will distribute funds raised back to the schools of the participant’s choice to fund activities that encourage wellness. Click here to email the race director for more information.
Please Help Us Reverse The Childhood Obesity Trend:
- Only 4% of children between the ages of 6 and 11 were considered overweight in a 1971-1974 survey, while 18.8% of children at this age were overweight in a more recent 2003-2004 survey.
- Participating in at least 60 minutes of moderate to vigorous activity on most days can help a child maintain a healthy weight, yet a 2013 survey showed less than 25% of kids do.
- More than one or two hours of screen time (TV, computers, video games) each day is a risk factor for childhood obesity.
- Overweight teenagers have a 70% chance of becoming overweight adults.
- Less than one third of adults are at a healthy weight.
Check out our TRAINING page to help you get started to running your first micro-marathon or 8K! Also view news feeds from RRCA (Road Runners Club of America).
Children, parents, teachers, school administrators, and the general public are all encouraged to participate. The event is being promoted to over 200 public and private schools serving over 120,000 northwest suburban children. By checking their school’s box on the registration form, event proceeds of at least $10.00 will be distributed back to the schools or school district education foundations of the participant’s choice to fund activities that encourage wellness. For schools not listed, there will be an opportunity to write in the school that participants are running for. Every school or school district with a minimum of 10 participants will share in the proceeds.
2.62 Course (Click here for course map)
The 2.62 course winds through the beautiful Scarsdale area. A water station will be located at approximately the 1.5 mile mark.
8K (4.97 mile) Course (Click here for course map)
The 8K course follows the 2.62 course until just near the end, then continues out on a different loop finally finishing at the same location as the 2.62. The hope is that parents running the 8K will be able to run with their kids during the 2.62 while still having the opportunity to complete a longer run if desired. There will be an additional water station at approximately the 3.5 mile mark.
Race & Age Groupings
Male and Female separated age brackets in each race as follows:
2.62 Run/Walk 8K Run 2.62 Wheelchair
6 & under 9 & under All Ages
50-54 70 & Over
70 & Over
Awards will be announced at the awards ceremony for overall male and female winners in both the 2.62, 8K (4.97) and 2.62 Wheelchair races, as well as all youth age groups 19 and under.
Prizes will be given to the top 3 finishers in each age and gender category for the 2.62 and 8K (4.97) races.
Awards for Adult age groups 20 and over will be available for pick up at the awards table.
All participants will receive a Got2Run . . . For Education 2.62 or 8K bumper sticker or magnet for their car AND a backpack tag!!
Post Race Refreshments
All participants will be provided with post race refreshments courtesy of our fabulous sponsors!!
Packet Pick Up
Packets may be picked up on Friday, May 15th at Runners High-N-Tri, 121 West Campbell St., Downtown Arlington Heights, IL 60005, 847-670-9255, from 10:30am-7pm.
Packets not picked up on May 15th and packets for those registered after Wednesday, May 13th, 5:00pm can be picked up on race day at the registration tent between 7:00am - 7:45am.
Every participant will receive a short sleeved technical T-shirt, both adult and youth sizes. Early registrants will receive their shirt selection in their race packet and are guaranteed the race shirt size they have selected. We will do our best to accommodate race day registrant shirt selections, but can't guarantee you will receive the size you want as they will be first come, first served.
Technical T-shirt Front:
Image coming soon
Technical T-Shirt Back:
Image coming soon
Timing & Results
The 2015 “Got2Run . . . For Education” race will be professionally timed using a chip timing system. On course clocks will be located at each mile and the finish line. Race results will be posted here on our website!
Both the 2.62 and 8K (4.97) courses have been certified by the USA Track & Field organization. The certification numbers are:
2.62: IL Click here for USATF 2.62 course map
8K (4.97): IL Click here for USATF 8K course map.
Note: USATF course certification is based on the shortest path a runner can take on the course. If you are using a GPS device, your device will most likely show that the mile markers and finish line distances are further than your GPS indications.
For safety reasons, pets, roller blades, skateboards, and bicycles of any kind will not be allowed in either race. Strollers will be allowed, but must start behind the runners. Entrants in wheelchairs are encouraged to participate.
Police and volunteer marshals will staff intersections and direct traffic, but the course will not be completely closed to traffic.
Be A Sponsor!
Click here to learn more about sponsorship levels that are available. Click here to email the Race Director for more information or if you would like to provide sponsorship in the form of in-kind services.
Be A Volunteer!
Running or Walking not for you?! Come join a great cause and help cheer on our local students, parents and school staff members as they pass a water station or cross the finish line. Click here if you would like to volunteer.